This Lent thousands of you joined me as we read the entire Bible in 40-days. It was fast and furious—a breathtaking view at 40,000 feet. But now it’s time to slow our pace and dive in deep.
Beginning on June 3rd, we’re diving into the Gospel of John and the book of Genesis over twelve weeks during an online Bible study at MargaretFeinberg.com.
While nothing compares to the intimate fellowship found in small groups and Bible studies, online Bible studies, like Women’s Bible Cafe, provide an alternative for those with busy schedules who can’t commit to an in-person small group consistently.
If you’ve never joined a Bible study online or are a little hesitant to begin, here are five surprising benefits of participating in an online Bible study: [Tweet this]
- Participate on your own schedule. One of the biggest reasons why people don’t participate in Bible studies or small groups is the lack of time in their already busy schedule. Online Bible studies provide flexible discussion times, a chance to read and interact with all posts, as well as a guilt-free environment when you get a little behind on reading or homework.
- Interact with people from around the world. Online Bible studies can bring people together from every corner of the world. [Tweet this] Instead of studying Scripture with those in solely a part of your local church, online Bible studies encourage people from many walks of life to join in on the discussion, offering fresh insights and new friendships.
- Control your own pace. Online Bible studies allow you the flexibility to slow down and spread the homework out as you see fit. You can even pause the DVD to answer the phone, switch out the laundry, or head to work without interrupting an entire group. With an online Bible study, you control the pace. You can interact, discuss, and re-watch the DVD at any point along the way.
- Wear your PJs and bedhead to Bible study. In the comfort of your own home, you can wear your Christmas pajamas (you know, the ones you should have put in storage months ago) while watching the DVDs and interacting with the online discussion.
- Discuss via Skype with Your Long Distance Friends. Does your best friend, sister, or significant other live a ways away? Do you want to continue fellowshipping with your college buddies, even while you’re home for the summer? Online Bible studies allow the freedom of inviting friends who live around the block or around the world to join you as you fall in love with God’s Word once again via Skype chats, email conversations, and online discussions. Invite your long distance friends to join you during the Summer Bible Study at MargaretFeinberg.com and make a point to get in touch each week.
Are you ready to go on a wild Biblical adventure during the online Summer Bible Study?
Starting June 3, we will study the Gospel of John using the accompanying DVD Bible Study: Pursuing God’s Beauty: Stories from the Gospel of John.
Starting July 22, we will study the Book of Genesis, using the accompanying DVD Bible study: Pursuing God’s Love: Stories from the Book of Genesis.
We want to make this as affordable as possible for you. That’s why we’re offering a Summer Bible Study Special—the DVDs and Participant Guide Workbooks for BOTH Pursuing God’s Beauty and Pursuing God’s Love for only $40.00 (regularly $73.96). Click here to purchase your Summer Bible Study Special today.
Each week, you’ll be invited to read a handful of chapters from the Bible, watch a session from the accompanying Pursuing God DVD (14-20 min each), interact with five days of homework (approx. 25 min. per day), and listen in each Thursday with an interview on Midday Connection. For my fellow blogging friends, each Thursday you can link up your posts as you share what God’s teaching you through His Word.
Click here to pick up the Summer Bible Study Special, today.
Have you ever participated in an online Bible study? What were some of the pros and cons? [Tweet this]