Imagine spending the 40 wondrous days studying the stunning teachings of Jesus, watching the miraculous start-up of the church, and learning to live out your faith with God with each turning page.
You’re invited to come along as we read Luke and Acts during Lent 2016 beginning on February 10.
A few years ago, I prayed, “God, what do you want me to lay hold of through Lent?” I felt led to read through the entire Bible in 40 days. We posted a reading plan online and more than 5000 people downloaded it in the first few days.
The next year, I invited you to join me in reading through the entire New Testament for Lent. Friends joined in including, YouVersion, Catalyst Conference, and many more. Last year, we studied the Gospels in order to prepare our hearts for Resurrection.
This year, I sense we’re supposed to study the life of Christ and birth of the church.
Luke and Acts are twinsies. When they’re read together, they paint a bright, joyous display of the ministry of Jesus and the disciples after the Resurrection. Both books are written by an anonymous author to Theophilus whose name means “Friend of God.”
I don’t know about you, but I want to be a better friend of God this year. I long to discover more facets of His character, learn to follow Him more close, and obey more swift.
I hunger for this in my life, the lives of those around me, and in the life of church.
Luke. Acts. Or as I like to say it, “Jesus and His bride.”
We will launch into this #LentChallenge on Ash Wednesday, February 10th, wrapping up on Easter (March 24). Our hope and prayer is that at the end of the next 40 days, you’ll be so spiritually full; you’ll never want to live on empty again.
What You Need:
- A copy of the one page FREE Lent Challenge: 40 Day New Testament Reading Guide PDF download and a Bible. (Click here to subscribe via RSS. You’ll receive the download in your email shortly after).
- Or you may choose to upgrade to the downloadable 200-page eBook called The 40-Day Live Lent Challenge: A Color Method Study for Luke and Acts for only $8.99. This 200-plus page booklet includes: a welcome letter, the reading plan, instructions on how to use the Color Bible Study Method, ideas on how to get the most from your study, creative artwork, and space to journal and doodle.
- A prayerful heart—ready and expectant for what God has to teach you in the next 40 days.
Here’s how it works:
- Carve out 10 minutes to read the Bible each day. Luke-Acts contain 52 chapters. That means reading the Bible in 40 days requires reading about 1.3 chapters per day. About 10-minutes a day for forty days—and you’ll journey through the Luke-Acts. This may mean logging off Facebook, giving up a game of Candy Crush, or waiting to watch the latest episode of Duck Dynasty until later. Gasp (a fave show).
- If you’re using the Color Method Bible Study, grab a handful of colored pencils, markers or crayons as well as The 40-Day Live Lent Challenge: A Color Method Study for Luke and Acts. Take time to circle verbs, underline names, note numbers, and notice the details within the text as you doodle and reflect.
- Before you read each day, begin with the prayer: “As I read today, Lord, reveal that which I most need to hear but least want to hear.” Be alert to what God reveals.
- Invite someone to join you. No matter what challenge or goal you set, it’s always easier when you have someone to cheer you on, hold you accountable, and adventure alongside of you. Ask your small group, Men’s or Women’s Bible study, congregation, neighbor, co-worker, in-law, or spouse to join you! Invite non-believers to learn more about Jesus and the church.
- Share what you’re learning during these 40 days on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or your own blog using the hashtag: #LentChallenge. Join our community—there’s plenty of room for you.
- If you miss a day, pick up where you left off. No guilt. No shame. Pick up wherever we are, don’t worry about catching up. Just more Jesus every day.
Share the Lent Reading Guides: