Imagine spending the next 40 days listening to the teachings of Jesus, exploring churches with Paul, and falling more in love with God with each turning page.
You’re invited to come along as we read the entire New Testament during Lent 2014 beginning on March 5th.
Join friends including, Catalyst Conference, Jenni Catron at Cultivating Leaders, Jonathan Merritt at Religious News Service, Lori Wilhite at Leading And Loving It, Heather Zempel at National Community Church, Shelly Miller at Redemptions Beauty, New Testament Scholar Craig Blomberg, and more as we invite thousands to crack open their Bible and dive into the great big story of God. In 40 days, we’ll discover again (or for the very first time) how loved we are by God.
We will launch into this #LentChallenge on Wednesday, March 5, wrapping up on Easter (April 20th). Our hope and prayer is that at the end of the next 40 days, you’ll be so spiritually full, you’ll never want to live on empty again.
What You Need:
1. A copy of the FREE Lent Challenge: 40 Day New Testament Reading Guide PDF download. (Click here to download and print).
3. A prayerful heart—ready and expectant for what God has to teach you in the next 40 days.
Here’s how it works:
1. Carve out 30 minutes to read the Bible each day. The New Testament contains 260 chapters. That means reading the Bible in 40 days requires reading about 7 chapters per day. About 30 minutes a day for forty days—and you’ll journey through the entire New Testament. This may mean logging off Facebook, deleting Candy Crush or Flappy Bird from your phone, or waiting to watch the latest episode of Duck Dynasty until later.
2. Invite someone to join you. No matter what challenge or goal you set, it’s always easier when you have someone to cheer you on, hold you accountable, and adventure alongside of you. Ask your small group, Women’s Bible study, congregation, neighbor, co-worker, in-law, or spouse to join you! Invite non-believers to join you and learn more about Jesus.
3. Share what you’re learning on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or your own blog using the hashtag: #LentChallenge. What stood out to you from the reading? What verse did you see in a whole new light? What’s the ache of your heart and desire for God? We want to know and celebrate what God is revealing to you during these 40 days. Join our community—there’s plenty of room for you.
4. If you miss a day, pick up where you left off. No guilt. No shame. Just more Jesus every day!
Grab the Widgets!
Want to share the #LentChallenge on your blog, website, Facebook, or Twitter? Grab the widgets and images below to embed them wherever you want.
Click on the links below to open the images, then right-click to “save as.”
- Facebook Cover Photo (JPG)
- Website Sidebar Widget 125 X 125 (JPG)
- Website Sidebar Widget 300 X 250 (JPG)
- Website Sidebar Widget 500 X 500 (JPG)
- Blog Image 500 X 90 (JPG)
- Blog Image: “Free Reading Guide” 450 X 150 (JPG)
- Blog Image: “Read the Entire New Testament” 450 X 150 (JPG)
Or just copy and paste the codes below into any HTML text area on your website or sidebar creator.
<div align="center"><a href="http://mar.cta.gs/0a1" title="#LentChallenge"><img src="https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5539/12310227696_68e9c6e29c_o.jpg" alt="#LentChallenge" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://mar.cta.gs/0a1" title="#LentChallenge"><img src="https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2815/12310074474_bdbb7d8eae_o.jpg" alt="#LentChallenge" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://mar.cta.gs/0a1" title="#LentChallenge"><img src="https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2884/12309636395_594d9ce993_o.jpg" alt="#LentChallenge" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Share the Free Lent Reading Guide:
Download the Lent Challenge: 40 Day New Testament Reading Guide, here. You can share this with your friends using this link: http://mar.cta.gs/06m
Or, if you prefer, you can download the half-page Lent Challenge: 40 Day New Testament Reading Guide, here. Share this PDF using this link: http://mar.cta.gs/06m
Don’t miss the email updates:
Each week, I’ll be sharing what God is teaching me through the #LentChallenge, as well as passing along what you’re learning. If you aren’t already, click here to enter your email and receive RSS updates 2-3 times per week. [Click here to subscribe]
Here’s a link up of several blogs written about the #LentChallenge. Feel free to add your own below!