Little known secret: I love finding tools at the hardware store to incorporate into talks such as machetes, chainsaws-anything that’s metal and dangerous. So I thought, “What if I use a ladder?” while teaching at one of my favorite churches, Scum of the Earth, in Denver.
I wanted to illustrate the idea that God’s perspective is different than our own. Both volunteers would be asked to count the number of people in the room.
Everything was smooth except for one detail-the volunteer representing God miscounted. She gave the wrong number. Worse, the volunteer on the ground gave the right number. Which illustrated that God who is in the heavens isn’t all knowing and has an inaccurate perspective. Oooopsies!!!!
I’m determined to start using more audience participation-even if it backfires, and of course, a few more dangerous devices from the local hardware store.
- Recognize the presence of God in the midst of your routine
- Discover peace in knowing you’re wildly loved
- Identify what’s holding you back in prayer
- Develop a renewed passion for God
- Celebrate the extraordinary moments in everyday life