I've been bitten by the Olympic bug. Granted, not all the sports are mesmerizing, but I find myself hanging around NBC watching men and women performing in the moment they've been waiting and dreaming of their entire lives.
Along the way, I'm inspired and reminded of a few things:
1. Watching someone do what they do with excellence is beautiful and hard to argue with. [Tweet this]
2. Rejoicing with others always brings joy. [Tweet this]
3. Always do your best to start well, but know that everything often comes down to the finish. [Tweet this]
3. Just because you're the second string or B-team, doesn't mean you can't succeed. [Tweet this]
4. Never, never give up. Ever. [Tweet this]
5. Sometimes it's not about time, ranking, or skill. You simply are the story.
6. The critics may tell you where your form, your start, your finish was less than perfect. But if you find yourself with a gold medal and/or a world record, their opinion becomes nothing more than waa-waa.
7. Those facing the greatest obstacles may not win a medal, but they always win our hearts. [Tweet this]
Have you been bitten by the Olympic bug? What’s your favorite event so far?